This is an accessible, text-based page for the E m(maj9) guitar chord, suitable for screen-reader software.
For the visual page, with graphic diagrams and colors, go to this page
E m(maj9) Description
This chord is made up of the Root, Minor Third, Perfect Fifth, Major Seventh, and Major Ninth
Name variations for the E Minor Major Ninth chord:
- E Minor Major Ninth
- E Min Maj 9
The Em(maj9) chord is composed of the notes E, G, B, D#, and F#
Learn 1 positions for this chord
- Let the low E string play without pressing any fret
- Place your index finger (1) on the fret 7 of the B and high E strings at the same time
- Place your middle finger (2) on the fret 8 of the G string
- Place your ring finger (3) on the fret 9 of the D string
- Place your pinky finger (4) on the fret 10 of the A string
- This position requires barre
- This position uses open strings
Audio fileListen to the mp3 audio of this chord position
Back to the complete list of chord diagrams in textual form.
Do you have questions, suggestion or comment?
Please write a message to email@example.com