- Guitar Chord Dictionary: learn more than 1200 voicings with this comprehensive chords chart that shows finger positions, note names, and intervals in the chords.
- The Guitar CAGED shapes: with this simple method you'll learn how to navigate the neck easily
- Best Online Guitar Lessons review: the top resources, strategies and tools to learn the guitar online
- Scales library: learn how to play scales and arpeggios all along the fretboard, with pattern diagrams and theory explanations
- The Nashville Number System: a easy way to manage chord progressions, improvisation and songs
- Guitar Neck notes: the complete guide to understand the fretboard, note names, shapes and intervals
Learning how to play the guitar is a wonderful, fulfilling, never-ending journey. In the beginning, your fingers hurt and your hands are weak but don't worry; we've all been through this.
Just practice regularly and, little by little, your skills will improve.
Here below, you find all the free tutorials that this site has to offer, divided for topics and experience level.
Enjoy the lessons, download the free ebooks, and, if you'd like, please share with others and drop a comment in the section at the bottom of the page.
Finally, if you're really committed to learning the guitar, you should consider joining one of the best online guitar lessons websites listed on our guide; you'll find thousands of step-by-step video lessons that will help you improve your skills fastly.
Improve Your Guitar Scales Knowledge
In this section, you'll find all the resources you need to learn scales on guitar: major, minor, pentatonic, exotic scales, arpeggios, all of them played all along the fretboard in different configurations (4 notes box, 3 notes per string and other patterns)
- How To Play Guitar Scales | The Complete Guide
- How To Learn Lead Guitar For Beginners
- Exotic Guitar Scales | Add some spice to your guitar sound
- Augmented Scale for Guitar
- The Whole Tone Scale On Guitar
- Guitar Scales Exercises: Left and Right Hand Synchronization
- The E Minor Pentatonic Scale | Open Position
- The Neapolitan Scale and its chords
- Easy Guitar Solos for Beginners
- Greatest Guitar Riffs: Another Top Ten
- The D Major Scale for Guitar
- How To Play The E Harmonic Minor Scale
- 10 Alternate Picking Exercises
- Guitar Arpeggios
Learn Fretboard Notes and Navigation
The number 1 advice for those who want to transition from beginner to advanced level: learn your fretboard! With the resources in this section, you'll learn how to navigate the fretboard fluently, how to find note names, intervals, and inversion. Probably the most appreciated part of this whole site!
Master Guitar Chords
Chords are the soul of guitar playing. There exist lots of different chords shapes. Here you'll learn all those shapes and the theory needed to know how to create new chords in any fretboard area.
- Guitar Chords | The Ultimate Encyclopedia
- How to read chords diagrams
- How to play easy open chords
- 8 guitar chords for beginners
- Dominant guitar chords
- Suspended Chords: sus2, sus4 and 7sus4
- Sixth Chords on Guitar
- How to Play Seventh Chords On Guitar
- Ninth Chords on Guitar
- 7 Tips to Play Bar Chords Easily
- Diminished Guitar Chords | Diminished Triads, Half-Diminished, Dim7th
- Guitar Strumming Pattterns
- How To Transpose Guitar Chords
- Guitar Chord Formulas
- Chord Substitution for guitar players
Learn Chords Progressions
The secrets on why some chords play well together are unveiled in this section. Learn the most used chord sequences, and how to tweak them to create new ideas and unique songs. You'll learn about secondary dominants, borrowed chords, key modulation, and a magic tool called the Circle Of Fifths, an ingenious device that embeds all the music theory you need.
How to practice the Right Way
Here you find some smart strategies that have the power to multiply the effectiveness of the hours spent in practice. The latest findings in neuroscience and how the brain learns can help guitarists too. Practice smart, not hard!
- How To Plan a Guitar Practice Routine
- How to practice guitar | Guitar practice tips
- Stage fright | How to overcome it
- How long does it take to learn guitar?
- Paul Gilberts tells you why you should learn guitar
Structured Courses Reviews
Many students are making great progress with online lessons: we have created guides and reviews to help you find the lessons system that better fits with you.
Imagine what great guitarist you could be in one year with a professional guitar course that takes you step-by-step from A to Z.
Songs to Learn For Having Fun
Don't ever forget that for a fruitful practice we must have fun. Music is energy, music is fun, and there is no better thing than play the songs we like, best with our friends. In this section, you'll find songs to play with your guitar, along with guides on specific genres and styles.
Guitar Life: guitarists and stories
Reading the bio and facts about our favorite guitar players is always an excellent source of inspiration. In this section, you can read about some of the masters that have taken the guitar to the next level. You'll also find advice on the life as a musician.
- How To Make Money as a Musician
- Tosin Abasi | 8 strings guitar genius
- Kaki King | The new guitar Goddess
- Life against the Odds : The Story of Jason Becker
- A lesson with John March, Ted Greene’s dedicated student
- Keith Richards Open G Tuning
- The Father of Gipsy Jazz: Django Reinhardt
- Who invented tapping on guitar? Maybe a doctor from Italy
- Angus Young's diabolical riffs
Share with your fellow guitar players!